Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I must tell it to Jesus

No, I didn't get the title mixed up ... it is just a good combination of two songs that just keep coming to my mind right now: "I Must Tell Jesus" and "Tell It To Jesus".

So why do I keep thinking of them? Without a doubt I have been through worse things, although for me, I do know that I wasn't right with the Lord at the time. Could that be the difference? Maybe. And it's not like I have anything to be really sad for, he's alive and well and in the Father's care. What better place could he be? (don't answer that!) I would say it's a mental thing, since I wasn't quite this upset when he went to Louisiana, but that doesn't make it any less so. So what's a girl to do?


I must tell Jesus all of my trials; I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me; He ever loves and cares for His own.

I must tell Jesus all of my troubles; He is a kind, compassionate friend;
If I but ask Him, He will deliver, Make of my troubles quickly an end.

Tempted and tried, I need a great Savior; One Who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus; He all my cares and sorrows will share.

O how the world to evil allures me! O how my heart is tempted to sin!
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me; Over the world the victory to win.

I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus! I cannot bear these burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus! Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

Are you weary are you heavy-hearted? Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus
Are you grieving over joys departed? Tell it to Jesus alone

Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus, He is a Friend that's well known
You've no other such a friend or brother, Tell it to Jesus alone


In the end, that's all we can do ... tell it to Jesus!

I did some searching in the Bible and came across a few verses that touched my heart, and I hope they are a blessing to you as well.

John 14:18 ~ "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

II Corinthians 1:3-4 ~ "Blessed be God, even the Father of ourLord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."



No comments: