Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Class is in session

On September 8, 2008, we started our first day of homeschooling. This was an answer to prayer and something I have looked forward to doing for some time now. Both Karah and Vincent were also excited about the prospect as well. We went with a fairly easy (to me) , curriculum since it was new to everyone but me. So far, we are about 2 1/2 weeks into it and are enjoying it. Sure, Vincent isn't always happy when I actually make him do his work, but I have seen such an improvement in him - in just the first week alone - that it is so worth it. He is reading and writing better, and was SO happy when on his first test he got a 100% :-) Karah is also doing well, although she had a rough start. All her work required cursive writing, and she had only learned a few letters last year so on the first day, it was a crash course in cursive writing. She has since improved as well, and is doing much better (and I only have to correct a letter every once in a while, as opposed to a letter per page). All in all, it is going very well so far, and I am looking forward to the rest of the school year. I so enjoy spending time with them and watching them learn and grow.


Karah & Vincent on the first day of school
(still gotta have a first day pic!)
Vincent took it upon himself to look up the verse in his Bible when reading through his goals.
Karah reading how to sit in order to write properly before tackling cursive writing.
Vincent picked this cute little flower for me at recess.
(It didn't last too long, but it was a sweet gesture and I got a picture!)

No comments: