Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What a long day

I had a PTA board meeting this morning. All I wanted to do was sleep. And since the kids missed the bus, they had to wait for me to finish getting ready, so 'round the board we were all late. *sigh* Then a 2 hour meeting for me followed up by a little yearbook planning. During the meeting I get a call from the nurse next door saying that Karah's ears were really red. So I decide I'll take her to the doctor (which is out in town) and do a walk-in. Knowing how long I waited before for one, I went ahead and took out Vincent, too, just in case I wouldn't be able to make it back in time. Good thing, too, since we were there until just after 5pm (after getting there right around 1pm). Turns out she has a double ear infection.

They gave me a prescription and we left to go to walmart to grab a couple of things. It was just across the street, and would save me a trip later. After walmart, we went to the Naval Hospital on base to get Karah's meds, where we got a double whammy. 1) the pharmacist was gone for the day 2) they didn't even carry this particular medication. great.

So off to walgreen's we go, after a quick stop by the house. It's a 30-45 minute wait, so we go back out to the truck to work on the 100th day of school hats. We glue on letters and count out buttons and then it's time to pick up her meds. You know, the Lord is so good, even in the little things. I've never had to purchase any prescription medication .... it's always been on base. I was really worried about the price, 'cause I've heard some can be pretty high. Well, with her meds and some sudafed for me (on sale) my total came to just under $10. I knew that the sudafed was $6, so that put hers around $3. When I got home and looked at the paper, it said her medication retailed for $103. But because of the insurance, all I had to pay was $3. Thank God! I was really worried, but He had it taken care of.

So with meds in hand we were finally able to go home (and stay there!). The kids got ready for bed and Karah took her medicine, then we finished gluing buttons to the hats. I read our Proverbs for the day and then we prayed and I tucked the kids into bed. Yeah, a couple hours past their bedtime, but I think most of their stuff will be ready for tomorrow. Now to take my meds and get some rest!

Oh, and I do have pictures, just haven't downloaded them yet. I'll do that tomorrow when I have more time!

VOD:
"And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor." ~ Ephesians 5:2

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a DAY I feel exhausted for you just reading about it!!