Thursday, March 26, 2009

The past week in shopping

I was able to get some pretty good deals lately and thought I would share what I was able to get.

Target shopping trip - 3/19
Okay, so I can't find the receipt for this one, but I know I didn't spend much. For the buddies bars I used (1) $3/3, (1) $2/2, (1) $1/1 coupons. The puzzle was $1 and I got it to cover the overage since they were 97c each, and was something I wanted anyhow. I don't know the exact price, but I know it was less than $2 for all, including tax.

K-mart shopping trip - 3/23
I took advantage of the double coupon event this week and while I didn't get as good a deal as Hip2Save, I think I did pretty well since I've only been getting the paper (& thereby coupons) for a couple weeks now. Everything I bought I had a coupon for that I was able to get doubled, except for the dog food (not pictured) because it was a $3.50 coupon but that's okay. :-)
Overall, I bought 18 items, saved $15.70 because of sales, saved $18.24 in coupons, for a total of $31.18 + tax.
(If the V8 looks a little deformed it's because the kids each had one before we came home.)

Walmart shopping trip - 3/24
Not a bad trip this time. I attempted to use the self checkout, but it wouldn't take the coupons so the cashier was gracious enough to take me up to hers and I was able to use them all. They all went through for the full amount resulting in: $20.61 before coupons, $20 in coupons, 61c + tax for a total of $1.63 oop.

1 comment:

Miranda (Shippy) said...

Okay... I've been meaning to ask, how are you getting these great deals?