Thursday, August 30, 2007

Just a bit of an update

Well, so much has happened since my last post. Things have been crazy busy around here. We got the kids back from Texas, moved houses (2 blocks away), kids started school, I'm the PTA auditor for Vincent's school, a co-leader in a Junior Girl Scout troop, plus I work the closing shift part - time.

So far, the kids are adjusting to school life well. Vincent is doing much better this year than he was last year. He is in a K-1 multi-age class with the same teacher he had last year, and he comes home talking about "the little kindergarteners" ... it's so cute! Karah is at a new school yet again, but seems to be enjoying it so far. The kids ride the same bus but walk to their respective schools (they're right next to each other). The reason for the schools is because Johnson Primary (Vincent's) has around 700 students and that is just K - 2. Karah goes to Bitz Intermediate which is for 3rd - 5th grades. At least they have some former classmates there and it's not totally new.

I don't know if we're going to do sports this year as things already seem so busy. Karah starts going to her Girl Scout meetings in a couple of weeks, and Vincent will be starting Boy Scouts soon. I think that will be enough to keep them busy for the time being, plus it lasts longer than the sports.

Brian just found out today that he'll be going back to his old unit in a week or two to start doing training before going to Iraq. Right now, we think he's leaving towards Spring-time 2008. He's not looking forward to going back to the unit, but he doesn't have much of a choice. Hopefully it will be better than before, but he's not holding his breath about it.

Me, well, let's just say I have a busy schedule. Not that I'm complaining ... I'm glad to have something (useful) to do. I'm really excited about the school year, actually, as there will be so much I'll be able to help do. There's lots of things we have planned for the girls in Girl Scouts, plus there will also be much to do with the PTA. It's so nice to be able to do the things I was unable to do when I was in. Much as I may miss the Marines, I wouldn't change my decision about getting out. It's been good for me and the kids being able to spend more time together.

Well, I guess I've ranted on enough for now. Off to bed (soon) and up early to get the kids to school and run errands...then take a nap before work!

No comments: